Major & Minor
Double Major Declaration
The university encourages its students to acquire dual majors by adhering to the following rules
- Students must apply for the second major; up to the last academic year for graduation from the first major.
- The conditions for admission to the second major are based on the same conditions of the year of admission to the first major as a percentage And all the admission requirements for the second program.
- The approval of the deans of each of the two majors is required, and this is in order with the Dean of the First major's approval and then the Dean of the Second. Moreover, The administrators of both programs must also agree to accept the student in the two disciplines.
- Students should be aware that both majors' requirements must graduate and must be fully completed without an exemption from Basic courses in both disciplines.
- Students are credited with the primary subjects of the second major. The university's elective subjects are not retaken unless there is a subject or More that needs to be studied. Students may not be exempted from it based on a university rule.
- The student should be carefully informed about the requirements of the two specializations in the university manual and make sure that all main courses are completed for the two majors
- If one or more courses meet the university's requirements or if these subjects are elective for both disciplines, it may be charged twice for both two specialties; upon approval by the program managers.
- The study duration for completion of the two majors may exceed the required years of graduation, and approvals are allowed to complete the two grades by increasing the period of study required to graduate.
- To register for each semester, the academic guide must approve the "Advising Form," and the student can transfer hours from international universities up to 30 credit hours for both programs up to a maximum of 15 credit hours for each major
- Students may complete the first major and then complete the requirements of the second major after that, and allow a permit To complete the requirements of one major and continue the second major to facilitate students
- One degree will only be announced on the graduation day; upon finalizing all the two majors' requirements. The student should coordinate with his academic advisor to choose which degree to be announced.
Minor Declaration Guidelines
Galala University ( GU) offers a wide range of minor studies, which allow our students to gain more knowledge and other experience across different fields.
Students studying one minor or more will have to fulfill a certain number of credit hours; to be decided by the minors' program directors
General information on Minor Studies
1. Program Directors have the right to decide on the admission requirements for students applying for a particular minor, as per the year of announcement, such as the cumulative GPA required for acceptance at the time of the announcement.
2. Students can declare any minor after the approval of the program directors.
3. The approval of program directors depends on each program's capacity to accept more students for each semester's academic curriculum.
4. Students can study one or more minors, provided that they fulfill their main major field and graduate within a reasonable time frame.
5. The minor declared must be of a different academic focus from the student's main major program.
6. All subjects must be taken for all minor study must on the campus of Galala University. It cannot be transferred from Egyptian or international universities
7. The Minor declared is added to the student's academic record at graduation from their majors.
8- The minor is mentioned in a separate statement and is requested upon graduation, and can also be proven in the student's academic record. No Minor is mentioned in the main graduation certificate.
9- When requesting a separate graduation statement by the student, the minor is added to the statement to confirm the completion of the major and minor subjects. e.g . "………….. earned a bachelor's degree in ……………, ----- With a minor in ..........."
10. Program Directors are recommended to complete the selection of the required courses for the study of the minor and to add any specific acceptance requirements for their programs. Before early registration for the second semester of the 2020/2021 academic year.
11. The Minor's declaration statement will be added to the University's student handbook to clarify the relationship between students and the University regarding this matter.
.Students interested in earning one or more additional minors must study these disciplines' subjects along with their major study
Students should review all information related to minors before deciding on them .
Here are Some guidelines on minors:
- The approval of the academic supervisor of the program is mandatory
- Students do not have to choose a minor right after starting their studies at Galala University, and they can still apply to them until the end of their studies' second school year. Students can also plan for dual specialties According to specific study criteria.
- For bachelor's degree studies, the main program is the major field of specialization and the minor is the second area chosen along with the main program
- Students can choose two minors and complete them during the permitted study period.
- In consultation with the academic supervisor and the approval of program managers for the main major and minor; Students have the utmost flexibility to choose a minor that suits their future professional goals.
- Students are free to choose a minor linked to their main major or a different minor that reflects Interests.
- Students must complete the minor requirements of at least 6 subjects (A total of 18 credit hours) in the areas of their choice, and no double calculation of any of the academic subjects is permitted.
- The main minor subjects must contain at least 3 main subjects from level 300 and 400
- Optional subjects must not include any of the student's main major subjects, and no double calculation is considered for any of the six subjects scheduled.
- The main disciplines which require many credit hours in the requirements of the major specialization, reaching 7 subjects, i.e. 21 credit hours for minor requirements.
- Minors are subject to reviews and amendments with the approval of the members of the academic program; The Dean, program Director and The University's Vice-President for Academic Affairs.