Students in the Dentistry Medicine field at GU are professionally trained to acquire a set of medical and soft skills.
Below are some of the skills Dentistry field graduates have:
- Full knowledge of the patient condition and how to evaluate, diagnose and refer the case to the exact specialization.
- Awareness of each case’s treatment plan.
- Have full knowledge of communication skills and team working to promote the prevention of oral diseases public health in the community.
- Familiar with the prevention and management methods of oral and dental emergency treatment.
- Diagnose and restore damaged teeth and perform esthetic operations.
- Be proficient in the prosthetic procedures as the insertion, removal and implantation of teeth.
- Treatment of gingival, mucosal, and oral bony diseases.
- Collect diagnostic information, decide treatment plans and perform simple oral operations.
- Adopt professional ethics governing the relationship with the patient.
- Be fully aware of all methods utilized to prevent infection and its transmission to patients, staff, assistants and laboratory technicians.
- General Dentist
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
- Conservative Dentist
- Oral & Maxillofacial prosthodontics
- Oral Radiologist
GU would like to congratulate Azza Ahmed Fath El Bab, Freshman Student in the Dentistry field, for winning the “Arabic Book Review Contest” which GU has organized, in accordance with the “World Arabic Language Day” earlier.