Completion of 80 percent of the construction work at the University of Galala. The university includes many colleges and majors serving the community.
The program aims to develop the knowledge, skills and behaviors of the student to prepare a distinguished physiotherapist capable of competing in all specialties of physical therapy. To achieve this, the program is keen to provide the student with a solid scientific basis, and excellent physical therapy skills on analysis, understanding of disease cases, comparative diagnosis and treatment provision. In addition, the program develops the student’s abilities and communication skills with patients.Graduates of the College of Physiotherapy work in hospitals, rehabilitation centers, clinics, sports clubs and elderly centers inside and outside Egypt, where during a five-year period the student receives basic medical courses such as anatomy, physiology, diseases, surgery and neurology, in addition to theoretical and practical courses in physical therapy and treatment. This gives the student the skills necessary to evaluate the patient, develop and implement a physiotherapy plan, in addition to the training year that qualifies the student to use all the acquired skills and information to provide an outstanding treatment service. The College of Physiotherapy contains laboratories equipped with the latest training and treatment devices. The college also includes a laboratory for the preparation of orthopedic and prosthetic limbs and a group of specialized clinics that provide distinguished treatment services for patients with conditions of bones, nerves, children and others.
The faculty of Physical Therapy at Al-Galala University aims to achieve leadership and excellence locally and globally in the field of physical therapy, scientific research and community service.
The faculty of physical therapy aims at preparing qualified graduates capable of providing excellent healthcare to physical therapy patients. To this aim, the faculty offers students a sophisticated scientific program and advanced clinical training where innovation and high-quality scientific research are encouraged, thus serving both the local and international communities.
- To provide an excellent scientific program that meets labor market needs and is compatible with national and international quality standards.
- To promote scientific research and gain lead in innovation and creativity in the field of physical therapy.
- To offer a competitive and outstanding program that will attract both Arab and foreign students.
- To provide ongoing training for faculty members and graduate assistants to help develop their skills in pedagogy and research.
- To encourage community involvement and offer solutions to health issues informed by applied scientific research in physical therapy.
- Excellence and creativity
- Scientific honesty
- Commitment to profession ethics and laws
- Performance quality
- Social responsibility
Key Strategies for Continuous Development
- Ensure education quality through strict implementation of standards and measures of quality.
- Identify and retain competent faculty members through periodical hiring and evaluation.
- Engage highly-skilled international academics and encourage them to invest their scientific expertise in teaching, learning and training.
- Utilize information technology (IT) and catch up with the latest global developments in the higher education digital revolution.
- Develop unique mechanisms for encouraging student innovation and entrepreneurship.
The candidate for the position of Rector has been opened. The position is available to both Egyptians and foreigners. The online submission service will be available within days.